Building Inspection Department
Permits and Licenses
- A building permit is required for any job over $300 including materials and labor.
- A City Contractor’s license is required for any job over $300 which includes any pay.
- A State Contractor’s license is required for any job over $2500. This also includes all amounts for the total job.
- All subcontractors must have a state contractor’s license also.
- A Business Registration Certificate is required for all contractors no matter what the amount of the job is.
- B&O taxes for each job must be paid before any permits are issued.
- The general contractor pays the B&O tax on the total cost of the contract.
- Each subcontractor must pay B&O on his portion of the contract and permit fee.
- All electrical work requires an electrical permit. Any workhired must be performed by a state licensed electrician. (An electrical breakdown sheet will be provided).
- Electrical permits are calculated based on the number of electrical items.
- Plumbing permits are required for all plumbing work.
- New construction (residential, modular, trailers) require plot,detailed prints, electrical permits, plumbing permits, building permits and occupancy permit.
Building permit fees: