- For Residents
Permits and Licenses
- A Building Permit is required for all work. There is not charge for projects $1,000.00 and under, including materials and labor. See tiered schedule below.
- A City Contractor’s license is required for any job over $300 (materials and labor) which includes any pay.
- All subcontractors must have a state contractor’s license also
- A Business Registration Certificate is required for all contractors no matter what the amount of the job is.
- B&O taxes for each job must be paid before any permits are issued.
- The general contractor pays the B&O tax on the total cost of the contract.
- Each subcontractor must pay B&O on his portion of the contract and permit fee.
- All electrical work requires an electrical permit. Any work hired must be performed by a state-licensed electrician.
- Electrical permits are calculated based on the number of electrical items.
- Plumbing permits are required for all plumbing work.
- New construction (residential, modular, trailers, commercial) require plot, detailed prints, electrical permits, plumbing permits, building permits, stormwater runoff permit and occupancy permit.
- Other permits that may be required:
- Water Tap $330.00
- Sewer Tap $750.00
- Curb Cutting $2.00 per lineal foot.
- Street Cutting $200.00
Building permit fees:
|Min Amount||Max Amount||Fee|
|$35,001.00 and Over||$50.00 plus $2.00 per $1000 or Fraction of $1,000 over $35,001.00|
Electrical & Plumbing permit information can be found in the codified ordinances of Moundsville.
Part Seventeen - Building and Housing Code
- Electrical permit and inspection fees. 1709.03
- Plumbing permit and inspection fees. 1709.07
Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria
|Ground Snow Load||30 psf|
|Wind Speed Design (mph)||90 mph|
|Seismic Design Category||B|
|Subject to Damage From|
|Frost Line Depth||30''|
|Termite||Moderate to Heavy|
|Winter Design Temp||11 Degrees|
|Ice Barrier Underlayment Required||Yes|
Applications & Forms