City Manager's Office
The City Manager is the Chief Executive Officer and head of the administrative branch of City government. He is responsible to City Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City, administer the day-to-day operations, and shall have powers and shall be required to:
- Appoint and, when deemed necessary or advisable, remove all officers and employees of the City except as otherwise provided by this Charter or by the Code of West Virginia and except as he may authorize the head of a department or office to appoint and remove subordinates in such department or office.
- Prepare the budget annually and submit it to the Council and be responsible for its administration after adoption.
- Prepare and submit to the Council as of the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City for the preceding year.
- Keep the Council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations as may seem desirable.
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Charter or required by the Council, not inconsistent with the Charter.
The Manager’s office is staffed by City Manager Rick Healy and Executive Secretary Sara Jasenec. The City Manager’s Office is located in the City Building at 800 Sixth Street, on the corner of Sixth Street and Morton Avenue. Regular business hours are weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The City Manager’s office staff provides staff support for several City initiatives and can provide general information and direct you to the appropriate department as needed.