Parks & Recreation
It is the goal of the City of Moundsville Parks and Recreation Department to provide safe and interactive opportunities for people of all ages to enjoy recreational activities and events with friends and family.
- The Parks and Recreation Department employs 2 full-time employees, with a goal of 18 part-time employees including 8 lifeguards, 5 desk attendants, and 5 maintenance personnel depending on the time of year.
- The Parks and Recreation Department oversees the operation of 5 parks located in the city of Moundsville including the East End Complex, Riverfront Park, Park View Playground, and boy’s and girl’s Valley Fork Sports Parks. The Department is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Four Seasons Swimming Pool and the Sam Shaw Walking Trail.
- The Parks and Recreation Department supports many recreational organizations including boys’ baseball, girls’ softball, men’s, women’s, and co-ed summer and fall softball leagues, Marshall County Panther Football Association, Marshall County Flag Football Association, and Marshall County Soccer Association.
- The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for operating and maintaining the Riverfront Shelter and East End shelter.
- The Parks and Recreation Department oversees the operation and maintenance of the Riverfront RV Rental Park.
- The Parks and Recreation Department also sponsors a Summer Sports and Crafts Camp for kids in the 3-6 grades scheduled for 4 days in June. Information will be available soon for 2020.
- The Four Seasons Pool provides many opportunities for citizens to enjoy a year-round swimming facility. We have water aerobics, kayak club, and are home to the Marshall County and JMHS Swim Teams. Parties can be scheduled on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:00-8:00 pm, and 12:00-2:00, 3:00-5:00, and 6:00-8:00 pm on Sundays. A $75 deposit is required upon scheduling. Please contact the pool at 304-845-7733 for details.
- The East End Shelter is also available to rent for $25 and is available any day from 12:00-4:00 or 5:00-9:00 pm.
- The Riverfront is available to rent any day of the week with a $50 deposit. Please call the pool at 304-845-7733 for details.
- Several exciting new programs are currently being developed including a 3 on 3 summer basketball tournament, street hockey league, and challenge/obstacle course.
- The Moundsville Parks & Recreation Department oversees the maintenance of all public parks in our city. It is also responsible for developing and implementing new parks.
- Four Seasons Pool & Fitness Center
- Riverfront Park
- Ball Fields | 13 Baseball/Softball Fields
- 6 Soccer Fields
- 2 Walking/Bike Trails
- Sand Volleyball Court
- 13th Street Boat Launch
- 3 Basketball Courts
- 4 Playgrounds
- Riverfront Shelter Rentals (Shelter-$125 | Shelter w/Stage-$150)