- For Residents
Subscribe to Stay Informed
Back to News
COVID-19 UPDATEPosted 03/17/20
Memo Concerning City Operation
To: Department Heads
All City Employees
CC: City Council
From: Rick Healy
Date: March 17, 2020
Due to the continuing crisis caused by the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the Federal and State Emergency Declarations, the following plans have been put into place (all will be in effect until further notice):
- First, City Council scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020, has been cancelled. A special Meeting will be held next Tuesday, with the only agenda item to approve the budget. Public access will be limited.
- All City Offices/Buildings will be closed to public access today at 12:00 Noon. All staff will continue to report, and business will continue as much as possible. We will make a determination moving forward on essential and non-essential employees.
- Please use telephone or e-mail to conduct business. There is a drop box at the front and rear of the City Building to make all type of payments (water, municipal fee/garbage, parking tickets, etc.) Payments can also be made on-line.
- All Public Safety Departments will continue to operate with their own safety guidelines.
- All other non-essential Board and/or Commission Meetings are cancelled.
The Four Seasons Pool will close today, also. The playgrounds will remain open, and all City playgrounds are being sanitized daily.
I understand that people depend on the City Building and our employees to keep the city moving. Therefore, if you have any questions, please feel free to call any of our offices. Please continue to view our website at www.cityofmoundsville.com, and follow our Facebook page, as information is changing rapidly.