- For Residents
Subscribe to Stay Informed
Back to News
Firefighters Grateful to Have Washer, Dryer now Help Battle Risk of CancerPosted 01/15/20
The Stop Firefighter Cancer program took another big step in Moundsville with the addition of this new washer and dryer.
“Diesel fumes is one of the leading causes for cancer in fire service, that, and dirty gear,” said Assistant Chief Kevin Kimple with the Moundsville Fire Department.
Firefighter cancer rates are higher than that of the general population, and a major player is gear. It's important to keep those clean, and until recently, the Moundsville Fire Department has had to be creative to do that.