- For Residents
Subscribe to Stay Informed
Back to News
Help Wanted - Recycling CoordinatorPosted 01/30/23
The City of Moundsville is in search of a reliable person to fill the part-time position of Recycling Coordinator. This position will consist of approximately 15-20 hours per week, with Saturday morning hours required. The Recycling Coordinator will be responsible for the operation of the City’s Recycling Program and will report to the Superintendent of Public Works and the City Manager. Job responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
•Managing the drop-off of recyclables and pick-up of roll-off containers, identify waste problem areas, and complete mandated REAP Grant Program training.
• Responsible for all resident communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on drop-offs.
• Prepare and maintain accurate records and prepare monthly reports.
• Assist in the approval of charges and invoices.
• Evaluate effectiveness of practices and programs, identify opportunities and strategies to increase collection, and help set goals for future collection practices.
• Interact directly and maintain effective working relationships with residents, business owners, recycling companies, haulers, employees, community groups, and the general public.
• Participate in public education and outreach activities including presentations, trainings, and conferences.
• Educate residents on the latest recycling regulations.
Rate of pay will be approximately $12.00/hour. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 17, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 304-845-3394 to obtain an application, or for more information. Please return to the attention of City Manager Rick Healy, 800 6th Street, Moundsville, WV 26041. The City of Moundsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.